Thursday, June 26, 2008

You Can't Hide Your Lying Eyes



You can't hide your lying eyes. . . . .

See? Once again I wish we had music on our blog. But I don't know how to do it. And I think there are laws about using other peoples music. And I just hate clicking on a link and suddenly having music blaring at me. So for the nonce we will just all sing quietly to ourselves.

Why are we singing about hiding our eyes?

Because we here at Team H.O.P.E. and Simply the Breast HQ have exciting news. We told you the other day about our "Christmas in July" event.

In addition to Tupperware, Taste of Home, Creative Memories, Pampered Chef, Mary Kay, lia sophia, Party Lite, and a host of other generous and hardworking consultants we also have some talented women from Dillard's at Fiesta Mall doing complimentary eye makeovers. How cool is that?




C'mon - you know you want a sexy new eye look. I understand they will also be doing lips, but the eyes are where all the excitement and glamor is at!


I know some of y'all avoid the ladies in the mall that chase you with the lotion bottles and make-up swabs but these women really deserve our respect. They can do wondrous things with a little kohl and a dab of highlighting shadow. Look at these pics:



BEFORE







AFTER




Seriously, have you ever seen sexier eyes?


I showed Miss Jeannie a couple different looks I was thin
king about getting. She made sort of a strange sound in the back of her throat and then gently reminded me that we will be there to serve brownies and tea sandwiches and tea and cookies - and that the eye makeovers are for our valued guests. (That would be y'all!)

She's right. Oh well, maybe some other time. If I ever actually enter the mall to get a makeover which look do you think I should get?













As much as I love the idea of Day-Glo makeup I will probably go with the Vulcan look. Engineers, scientists, and programmers my age dig Vulcan chicks!


So hopefully we will see you all at our event. Come do some holiday shopping, have a cucumber sandwich and a brownie, and get your eyes done in a glamorous but tasteful new way!





1 comment:

BRAINCHEESE said...

Wish I lived close enough to attend! I'm missing half and eyebrow (autoimmune issue, don't ask!) and maybe they could GLUE something on for me!!!

Linda D. in Seattle